- De-Energizing Equipment
- Safe Switching Practices
- Lock-out/Tag-out Procedures
- Verification of De-Energization
- Application of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
SNEET provides Lock-Out/Tag-Out (LOTO) training that covers control of hazardous energy and safety training. Violation of the OSHA lockout tagout standard was one of the most cited in 2016. With stepped up enforcement, it may be time to examine your company’s procedures and training of employees. Don’t get an OSHA fine when a solution is available.
SNEET will train your employees and provide sample LOTO procedures, training materials and competency testing. A certificate of attendance will be presented at the completion of the training. An experienced electrical engineer will present the program.
OSHA 1910.147 – The Control of Hazardous Energy (Lockout/Tagout):
This standard covers the servicing and maintenance of machines and equipment in which the unexpected energization or start up of the machines or equipment, or release of stored energy could cause injury to employees. This standard establishes minimum performance requirements for the control of such hazardous energy.
- General information
- Application of control
- Release from lockout or tagout
- Additional Requirements
Training will include the following:
- Recognition of hazards and methods of energy control
- Purpose and use of LOTO procedures
- Training for personnel whose work operations are in the affected area
- When tagout systems are used; the limitation of tags
- Release from lockout/tagout
- Additional requirements